Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My family's way of communicating...

Most families have a set system on communicating (cell phones). My family didn't get cells phones until this past summer. Well, my mom had one, but I think she thought it was for decoration because she never had it turned on! My parents work all the time so whenever I wanted to go out with my friends and they weren't there I just left them a note. This sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. One time it most definatly didn't was at the begining of the summer. I was going out with my friend sara and was going to spend the night with her. I left a note taped to the computer screen where I thought my parents would see it. Apparently they didn't. I turned off my phone at sara's because it was getting ready to die and I didn't have my charger. I woke up the next morning to three new voice mails. I knew right then it was my mom. The first one, she was calm, "You need to call me". The second, a little more angry, "Where are you? call me now!" The third was the kicker, "I don't know where you are or what you're doing! But you're in so much trouble! You better call me right now!!" I was like what the heck?! I called her and told her where I had put the note and somehow she didn't see it. I don't know how, but she didn't. I think she was embaressed because she was still furious and made me come home. This is why notes probably aren't the best way of communicating in families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home