Wednesday, September 14, 2005

talking myself out of trouble...

Talking myself out of trouble is a skill I've been able to perfect in my 18 years. I don't know if it's something I'm supposed to be proud of, but it definatly comes in very handy! One of the very first times I talked myself out of trouble was when I was about in 8th or 9th grade. My parents were very strict and I had to be home way earlier then any of my friends. Well I don't know if cruising is as popular in other towns as it is in a town very near to mine, but it's something you did every weekend! The real true cruising doesn't start untill about 11 and of course, I had to be home at 9. I of course thought this was rediculous and I was going to stay out and be cool with my friends. When I got home about 12:30ish my parents were not happy at all! They were ready to call the cops and the hospitals. They were freaking out! So of course I had to think of something quick, excuses! I told them that we went and got somthing to eat. Then we had to take someone home that lived accross town. We realized we were low on gas and had to stop and get that. And of course the tears were flowing, I found that will always work to your advantage. I didn't talk my way out of all punishment, but I most definatly talked my way out of most of it. My parents kind of caught on to the whole thing when I was about 17 and it started to not work as well with them. But I still think I'm pretty good at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home